Thursday, September 30, 2010

Delivering the Goods


My, oh my, can five months ever fly by! An article in the newspaper got me thinking about all the ways my life at Park and Market delivers the goods.

Stocking the Kitchen

  • Soup, salad, sodas, suds or steaks, a run down the elevator to Harris Teeter brings them all home.
  • Local food means walking across the street on Saturday morning and bringing back the goods from farmers, bakers, and craft artisans at the Midtown Farmers’ Market, maybe a Starbucks for the other hand?

Channeling Martha Stewart

  • Inviting my “second mom” and her boyfriend to come for dinner, we popped the cork on a bottle of champagne, walked to Piola where we indulged in platters of free appetizers, picked a pizza, split some tiramisu, and headed back to my place for a look at the night skyline and coffee.
  • No worries, no cooking, and no dishes to wash. My kind of party!

Furnishing My Home

  • Surprisingly easy… I’ve found everything from sheets and shower curtains to finely crafted North Carolina furniture without ever driving a car.

Back to the newspaper article…Did you know Kerr Drug offers free delivery for prescriptions and just about anything else on your list?

  • See what I mean about my North Hills delivering the goods?

No comments:

Post a Comment