Thursday, February 10, 2011

Take This Job and Love It


A journal of discovery through the eyes of a real-life resident of Park and Market North Hills

Winter can be tough, and this one has been a real challenge for Midtown with gray days, snow, and cold that won’t end – certainly not our usual Carolina blue skies that warm the coldest of days. Riding the elevator to Park & Market’s in-building Harris Teeter grocery store, I’ve heard many people commenting that they moved here to get away from all this.

Yesterday at lunch time the sun was blazing and I needed vitamins, so I decided to visit GNC here at North Hills. If you haven’t been yet, run don’t walk because you are sure to love your experience.

As I walked up to the store, a woman came out to clean the glass on the door, doing this with such care and attention she didn’t see me waiting, and I was more than happy to watch someone pouring that much love into a simple task until she did.

When I went into the store, I was greeted warmly by owner Laura Dalton, wearing a white coat and an engaging smile. Her obvious knowledge and easy manner made me feel right at home.

And no wonder, turns out this GNC is a family affair, Laura, husband Carter, and Mom – the amazing glass cleaner – all clearly loving what they do, and doing it together. I felt lifted up, still do, and can’t wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment